Settling In

The last four days have been fun, special, surprising, beautiful, awe-inspiring, and a quick check into reality.

It included:

🌴 1st Akinaka Father's Day/Birthday Family Dinner Participation (the food!)

🌴 Exciting Akinaka Baby News (not mine!)

🌴 Arrival of our first shipped vehicle 

🌴 Night Walk w/ trampoline star gazing, (the stars are UH-mazing here)

🌴 Sam coaching HS fball w/ brother

🌴 Going to my new school for the first time, and getting to see my classroom.  I                             was so excited with how stocked it is w/ supplies/furniture (Even the beginnings of a                 classroom library!)  A major score for this teacher!

🌴Got to make butter mochi! (And eat a good deal of it)

🌴Mana Kai Beach

🌴 Sam started working some for Akinaka Construction, family business here 

🌴 Realizing "grabbing" some quick food at a fast food place is not the way to go $$$ Mylanta!

🌴Currently Loving:  Melona Bars & Butter Mochi!



Comments

  1. Aloha! Tell me more about these HI treats!! How are the kids adjusting? I haven't even seen my new classroom yet! This is all so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will send you some! (Butter Mochi) I can get a mix to send that is easy to make. There are also homemade recipes which I hear are better, but it requires an ingredient called "Mochiko" (a sweet glutinous flour) which our stores don't carry, unless you found a specialty Asian store somewhere that carried it. So butter mochi is a chew consistency and you bake it in an 8"x8" brownie pan. It's kind of on the same train as blondie bars (maybe?) but definitely unique and something new and different for our TX pallets! Melona Bars are ice cream treat type bars in the flavor of melona, so good! Melona is kind of like honey dew/cantaloupe? They're green and have the consistency of the old blue bell choc/banana pops. There are so many yummy foods and treats that are local that are fun to try! The kids are doing so great! Lincoln has been playing w/ cousins his age and Phoebe is loving everything! I will be excited to hear about your new journey as it begins!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I love how inclusive you are as you capture your daily activities. Your classroom looks big . I'm so happy that it came with some supplies.πŸ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Elizabeth! I love your room and closet space there! So excited for your new opportunity! It was fun seeing Sam's family. Love you! Rachael

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment